Code is not. But phones are real things and we need to set these things to do really cool things – cheaply, efficiently and globally. What better way than to 3D print them and of course distribute them in this site. So here are our first prints.
Few issues though.
- Accuracy in hole sizes remains the problem. We had to drill through to make them even.
- Thin Shells makes it difficult for inserting screws as they cut through the thin shell
- Its Hollow and cracks up easy – we cannot control the infill as the printers fits the hollows int eh way it things best
- Cleaning – difficult to do within sections that are hard to reach
- Warpage – there was a lot of it, but with practice we can reduce it
Oh well. We will have to figure out how to do it well.